The Lideke Wery Educational Institute is a school for English and ICT education located in Induruwa, in the South of Sri Lanka. It was founded on March 30th, 2006, by the Lideke Wery Foundation, a Dutch initiative to help the development of the financially underprivileged and tsunami-affected community in Sri Lanka.
Students who want to join have to be 16 years or older. English courses (3.5 months) and ICT courses (3.5 months) are given and conclude with an official examination.
|IESOL Preliminary||Lideke Wery Educational Institute||1|
IESOL = International English for Speakers of Other Languages
ISESOL = International Spoken English for Speakers of Other Languages
|Computer Application Assistant||Tertiary & Vocational Education Commission||NVQ Level3|
Apart from the courses, the Institute offers CV, job application and interview training and it alerts its students to vacancies for interesting jobs.
On this website, you can find out more about the courses, about how to apply and you can find more detailed information about the Institute and its staff.
The Lideke Wery Educational Institute aims to provide top quality education for Sri Lankan youth, using modern teaching methods and resources, with well qualified and continuously developing staff, to encourage strong support from its student committees, and, to work towards mutual respect between the local community and the school.
This mission statement can be specified in the following aims & objectives:
- Help to rebuild the underprivileged and tsunami affected community
- Strengthen education in Induruwa and surroundings
- Provide education to students that passed at least G.C.E. O/L exam (school leavers of 16 years and older)
- Teach and upgrade English language skills on different levels
- Provide English and ICT skills on different levels
- Increase job opportunities for graduated students
- Increase the self awareness of the students